Frequently Asked Questions


What if I don’t own the vehicle listed on the violation?

Information contained on the violation is provided by the Department of Motor Vehicles. If you received a violation, you were listed as the registered owner of the vehicle on the date of the violation. If you sold, leased, or rented the vehicle or if it was stolen, simply dispute the violation online. You will need your notice ID and license plate to dispute online, or complete Section A “Affidavit of Non-Liability,” on the reverse side of your violation notice and return it to the address provided on the notice. Section A must be submitted within 30 days from the notice mailing date and must include the required supporting documentation.

Didn’t find the answer that you were looking for?

Contact Customer Service using the options below.

In Person
405 Express Lanes Customer Service Center

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
Monday through Friday

OCTA Store

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Monday through Friday


Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
Monday through Friday

Email Address

Mailing Address
405 Express Lanes
P.O. Box 2177
Costa Mesa, CA 92628